Translate this page:
View Disclaimer
Suit Against bank

FAQ: Can Small Claims Court help me in a dispute with my bank?

You can talk to the District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit so they can help you negotiate a settlement with the bank. Their phone number is 408-792-2880 .

Remember that small claims has a limit of $10,000. Damages that exceed $10,000 should be filed in the Civil Division.

If you decide to sue the bank for your financial damages, in addition to reading the Small Claims section of this website, you may want to read over the Small Claims section of the State Court website . Click on self-help, then Small Claims.

If you have questions after accessing these web resources, please call the Court's Small Claims Advisor.


Click to go BACK to the FAQ page

© 2021 Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara