Chat with us, powered by LiveChat Self-Help Center/Family Law Facilitator's Office - The Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara
Translate this page:
View Disclaimer
Self-Help Center
Family Law Facilitator's Office


What do we help with at SHC/FLFO?

Important notice, please read carefully: This list is meant only as a guide and not a guarantee of services. We do not assist with any areas of the law that are not specifically listed under the “We Can Help” section. If you need help with an issue that our office does not assist with, we suggest you refer to our Do It Yourself Resource Flyer .


We Can Help We Cannot Help
• Start/Respond/finish-Dissolution, Legal Separation, • Property Issues
   or Nullity: • Division of retirement plans (QDRO)
   - Start-Workshops only • Discovery/subpoena
   - Finish-To get help with defaults and judgments, • Trial Preparation
     you must e-mail a request • Collections (except wage
• Start/Respond/Finish-Petition to Establish Parentage    assignments for support)
• Custody and Visitation • Complex cases that require legal advice
• Child Support (including DCSS cases, & help with wage • Contempt
   assignments and Driver’s License suspension)  
• Spousal Support  
• Objection to Mediation or Evaluation (form only)  
• Mandatory financial disclosures (Workshop only)  
• Joinder (with exceptions)  
• Grandparent visitation  




We Can Help We Cannot Help
• Eviction Notices: • Evictions involving Section 8 housing
  3-day to Pay or Quit, • Foreclosure
  30, 60 and 90 day • Discovery
• Residential Eviction Cases (except Section 8): • HOA disputes
  Complaints, Answers, • Trial preparation
  Default/Default Judgment, • Mobile homes
  Set Asides, Stay of Eviction • Business tenants


Probate Cases

We Can Help We Cannot Help
• Guardianship of the Person only • Guardianship of the Estate
• Terminate/Object to Guardianship • Conservatorship of the Estate
• Petition for Visitation in a Guardianship case • Terminate Conservatorship
• General Conservatorship of the Person only • Adoption
• Limited Conservatorship (through a Workshop) • Probate (wills, etc.)
• Object to Conservatorship • Real Estate Cases
• Name and/or Gender Change – Adult or Minor • Motions
• Establish Fact of Birth, Death or Marriage • Request to be Special Administrator



We Can Help We Cannot Help
• Small Claims Advisor • Civil


For access to Self Help Center form packets visit Complete Forms at Home. For access to individual Judicial Council forms visit .

© 2024 Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara