Translate this page:
View Disclaimer
Collecting child support faq

How can unpaid child support be collected?

Try calling DCSS (Department of Child Support Services)  toll-free at 1-866-901-3212 . They may be able to help with collecting the unpaid child support (called "arrears").

The DCSS web page on collecting/enforcing child support  has information about different options available, such as income withholding.

The Court's Self-Help Center can help with filing a motion to determine arrears and ask for a wage assignment, so the arrears amount is paid directly from the employer to the person owed the child support.


Click to go BACK to the FAQ page

© 2023 Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara