Translate this page:
View Disclaimer
child support without divorce faq

Can I obtain child support from my husband even if we aren't divorced?

You may open a case for custody and support of minor children. It is not a divorce or legal separation case.

Please visit the Court's Self-Help Center/Family Law Facilitator's Office to receive these forms and instructions for completing and filing them in court.

Once you have opened a case, you can be given an appointment to come in with the other parent to write up your agreement and file it as an order of the Court.


Click to go BACK to the FAQ page

© 2023 Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara