Translate this page:
View Disclaimer
Paternity Tests faq

How can I get a paternity test, for child support?

Generally speaking, if DCSS (Department of Child Support Services ) is suing someone for paternity, the party being sued can request the court order genetic testing.

If the court does so, both parties would be required to test, as would the child. If you have been served with papers by the DCSS office, you should have a blank answer attached to the summons and complaint.

If you need help filling out the paperwork, you may want to go to our Self-Help Center office in downtown San Jose.


Click to go BACK to the FAQ page 

© 2023 Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara