Translate this page:
View Disclaimer
Case Information Online

CIVIL AND FAMILY CASE INFORMATION: The searchable Case Information Portal includes civil, small claims, probate, and some family cases.

  Access Now

TRAFFIC CASE INFORMATION: The searchable Case Information Portal includes traffic and local ordinance cases.   Access Now

CRIMINAL CASE INFORMATION: An online searchable index of criminal cases (filed in 2004 or later) is available on the Case Information Portal.   Access Now

Case Information on CD - You can request a CD of case data from our public website - see requesting a CD of civil case data or criminal case data.

Case documents (filings, etc.) are not available online. For information on obtaining case documents (in person or by mail), please click on the type of case, below:

Additional Information on Obtaining Case Documents in Person

If you come into Court and have our staff do the search, you must provide the case number, case name, title of the document(s) requested, and file date of the document(s). If you are unable to provide all of these items, there will a search fee. If you get copies of documents from the clerk, you will be charged $.50 per page copied.

Copies of the pleadings must be obtained at the courthouse in which the case was filed, either in person or by mailing a request with a self addressed stamped envelope to return the documents.

Click for courthouse locations and mailing addresses. If you make the request by mail, make your check payable to the Superior Court. If the fee is unknown, you can write a check leaving the amount blank, but indicate in the dollar section "Not to exceed" $5.00, $10.00, etc. depending on the anticipated cost. You'll need to provide the following: case number, the full names of the parties, title(s) of the document(s) requested and the date the document(s) was filed, if known.

Superior Court Transcripts

Court proceedings may be recorded either by a court reporter or taped electronically. Effective July 24, 2017, court reporters will be provided by the Court in all the following cases: felony criminal, family, juvenile dependency, juvenile justice, Lanterman-Petris-Short (LPS) Act, guardianships of the person or estate, civil harassment and civil contempt - including any of these cases that are assigned for trial or long cause hearing to the Civil Division, or to be heard by a Judge assigned to the Civil Division. Transcripts requests for privately retained court reporters in civil and probate matters need to be made directly with the private court reporter. Depending on the recording of a specific proceeding, a paper transcript or a copy of an electronic recording may be available upon request. See the Transcript Request page on this website.

California Case Opinions

For Supreme Court and Court of Appeals opinions and case information, visit the State Court website .

© 2023 Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara