How can I find out how to file with the Court?
Information about filing a new case is organized by the type of case, or division where that case is heard, such as Civil, Small Claims, Probate, etc. Below are links to pages in the Self-Help section of this website that talk about filing different types of cases.
- Restraining Orders
- Filing Unlawful Detainer (eviction) cases
- Divorce cases
- Other Family Law cases (custody, child support)
- Name change
- Small Claims cases
- Probate cases - adoption, guardianship, emancipation, conservatorship: see Probate Self-Help
- Traffic case appeal
- Filing General Civil cases
For more help with filing:
- visit the Court's Self-Help Center
- obtain a referral to an attorney from the local Bar Association
- see our Free & Low-Cost Legal Help page